E-Cig Review: Mig Cig Stinger 1600
The Good / The STINGER TANGO 1600 is a variable voltage device that allows you to choose your voltage output from 3.2 – 4.8 volts through a simple twist at the base of the battery. The tank atomizer holds 2.8 ml of e-juice and sports dual 1.8 ohm bottom coils complete with an airflow control ring. There are options for a 1.5 ohm coil for better vapor production, but it will come as a separate purchase. The overall stainless look gives the device a sturdy and well-built appearance.
The bad / The device could have benefited from a rebuildable section to allow users to build their own coils. However, the 510 connection conveniently allows the use of your existing atomizers.
The Bottom Line / We recommend this device to beginner vapers and even first time users because of its ease of use and reliability. The air flow to the atomizer is adjustable and you can opt to do a mouth to lung and straight lung inhales with this device. Having a 1600 mAh battery firing a 1.8 ohm coil will make sure that your battery lasts a day before reaching for the charger.
Adjustable voltage is a neat feature to have in the Stinger Tango. But why is adjustable voltage important for you? Well, there are a lot of pros so let me list a few for you.
First is vapor warmth, as you bump up the voltage higher, this increases the warmth of vapor from the atomizer. This gives the user a more authentic feeling that you are actually inhaling something during your draw. Throat hit is better too. If you turn the voltage lower, you will get a cooler vapor. It differs for each vaper, because some would prefer one over the other.
Second is vapor volume, this is because your coil heats up at a higher temperature thus atomizing more e-juice in the same amount of time. With good airflow and a high voltage, you can get the maximum amount of vapor in one draw.
Third is length of draw because a high voltage output will mean that you may not reach a 10 second drag because the vapor is already way too hot. Again, some vapors prefer taking sips of vapor rather than fully filling your lungs all the time.
There is no screen on the battery body, just red and blue led lights on the fire button that shows if you need to charge you battery soon.
Design and preformance
Commonly e-cigarettes will perform great from a fresh charge but the voltage unfortunately goes lower and lower during use, and you’ll definitely feel this through the vapor production.
The Stinger Tango still employs the 4.2 volt philosophy by MIG CIGS. It means that the voltage output stays constant regardless of the battery level.
The fire button is wide and comfortable to press with a red and blue led light for feedback indicating your battery level.
We like the build quality and looks of the Stinger with its brushed stainless look. A tank atomizer is more convenient than a dripper atomizer as an all-day device. I personally like tank atomizers because I don’t want to be bothered with keeping my atomizer wet and I easily lose track of how many draws I’ve taken. I’m quite happy that recent vaping kits have a tank atomizer included.
Vapor Production and Quality
The Stinger excels in flavor and vapor production because of the following factors.
- Adjustable airflow – More air options give the user a more open draw that allows more air to hit the atomizer coil.
- Dual coils – Produces twice the vapor a single coil provides.
- Wicking capability – Better wicking inside the coil is better when the atomizer is inside a tank.
The max 4.2 volt output plus the 1.8 ohm atomizer gives a warm and comfortable vapor but it does not stress the battery of the Stinger and keeps the battery fresh so you can continue vaping all day.
How to use the Stinger Tango 1600 kit
1. We recommend fully charging your battery before turning on the device.
2. Take the tank atomizer and remove the bottom piece and place 2 – 3 drops of e-liquid directly on the coil. This will prevent the coil from burning the dry wicking material on your first use. Do this every time you are changing your coils. Always prime it first or be sorry.
3. Fill the tank up with e-juice up to the top on the chimney, and then screw in your atomizer to the tank. Do not over tighten, just finger tight.
4. Press the fire button 5 times to turn on the unit. Hold the fire button while you are taking a draw.
5. Enjoy it!